Okay, I have to confess that I don’t remember ever having eaten cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon. But, that’s what this recipe was originally called, and while I may not know if it’s true these taste like Cinnabon, I know they are delicious. Honestly, this is one of my favorite recipes. With the use of a bread machine, it’s so simple to make these, and being able to freeze them for quick breakfasts (and still have them taste delicious) is an added bonus.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls (slightly adapted from CookingCache.com)
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. water
1/2 (small) package instant vanilla pudding
1 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. bread flour (I have used all-purpose as well.)
2 1/2 tsp. yeast
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. dark brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Place ingredients for rolls in bread machine according to manufacturer’s specifications. Use the dough setting. When the cycle is complete, roll the dough into a large rectangle. Prepare the filling by mixing butter, brown sugar and cinnamon then spreading onto dough. Roll tightly, using the long side. (As you roll, pull it a bit to tighten.) When finished rolling, pinch ends to close. Slice into desired thickness and place onto greased cookie sheets. Let rise until double. Bake at 350 until golden, about 20 minutes.
Prepare glaze by combining half and half and sifted powdered sugar, using a wire whisk, until desired thickness is achieved. Add a tsp. or so of vanilla. Spoon over warm rolls and serve. Enjoy!
- If the rolls are sliced smaller, this recipe makes enough cinnamon rolls for a crowd.
- Adjust the amount of cinnamon to your tastes. I usually add more than the recipe calls for.
- The original recipe called for a cream cheese frosting, but we prefer a simple, lighter glaze.
- Add nuts to the filling if you like.
- You can make the rolls the day before and refrigerate them for baking the next morning.
- After baking the rolls, “flash freeze” them on a cookie sheet then store in a Ziploc bag and use as needed. A minute or so in the microwave softens them up for a quick and delicious breakfast or snack!