So, Ole Miss kicks off football season next week against Boise State in the Annual Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta, GA. Anyone going? I wish we could…Atlanta is a great place to take the family! We spent a weekend there this time last year and had the best time. There’s so much to do!
One of the essential things to do in Atlanta is visit the World of Coca-Cola. It’s a must see…which makes me extra-excited to tell you that if you’re planning on being in town for the big game, you can also make plans to visit the World of Coca-Cola because I’m giving away four tickets to one lucky winner this week!
(This is turning out to be the week of giveaways around here because don’t forget you have until 12:00 a.m. on Friday, August 22 to enter to win my other giveaway. I think it’s so fun and exciting and appropriate because my birthday is this week, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than these fun giveaways!)
If you’ve never been to the World of Coca-Cola, let me tell you just a bit about why it’s such a fun place to visit.
First, you’re greeted by a great big, friendly polar bear. Who wouldn’t love that? You do begin the tour in a room of amazing memorabilia. I love vintage things, as well as items from around the world, so I loved looking at everything.
Of course, you also get to visit the vault where the secret formula is kept.
There is a great deal of history about the beverage and the company in the tour, which is really interesting and presented in entertaining ways.
The World of Coca-Cola has a bottling center. The kids got a kick out of watching the automation and an even bigger one when they were able to take home a bottle of their own.
Coke in glass bottles? There isn’t much better.
Finally, you get to visit the tasting room, where you can sample beverages from around the world. Some are very sweet; others bitter. A few were familiar to me because of my travels. Try the Stoney. It’s an East African staple.
Of course, there’s even much more for families to do in Atlanta so after you visit the World of Coca-Cola, here are a few other fun ideas:
6 Things to Do in Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
1) Fan Days at the World of Coca-Cola are August 26 through September 2. Buy your tickets here and receive $3 off general admission to get a glimpse inside the world’s #1 brand and see what the fizz is all about.
2) As a football fan, how could you not visit the new College Football Hall of Fame? The attraction is going all out for its Grand Opening on August 23. Celebrate the rich history of the game and make memories of your own with historic and contemporary artifacts, interactive multimedia displays, children’s activities and more.
3) For some free fun, grab your fellow fans and hit up Tailgate Town on the West Plaza. How can you resist food sampling, games, giveaways and a BBQ cook-off?
4) If you want to take your tailgating up a notch, purchase tickets for the Ole Miss-Boise State MVP Tailgate at the Georgia World Congress Center. Yes, that’s an air-conditioned tailgate featuring pregame entertainment and a delicious buffet.
5) Refresh yourself with an ice-cold drink and cheer on your favorite team at its Pep Rally when you visit the FanZone presented by Coca-Cola Zero. Don’t miss out on the dozens of interactive games and sponsor attractions.
6) While walking down the Atlanta streets, it’s likely that you’ll find yourself in the middle of a science-fiction scene. That’s because Dragon Con is returning to Atlanta this Labor Day weekend. For some fantastical fun – and lots of Storm Troopers – check out the annual parade.
So, if you’re going to be in Atlanta, use the widget below to enter to win. The giveaway ends Friday so we can be sure you get your tickets in time!
*Disclosure: The prize is provided by the World of Coca-Cola. The opinions in the post are my own and those of my family members.