This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These delicious rolls can be made ahead and frozen. The dough is prepared in a bread machine, which makes this a simple and easy recipe!
- Category: bread
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast, heaping
- 4/24 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Put first 9 ingredients in bread machine according to your machine\'s instructions.
- Use the dough setting on your machine.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into two balls and roll each into a flat disk.
- Using a small pizza cutter, cut each disk into 8 wedges (or for smaller rolls…these are pretty large…create 4 smaller disks and cut them each into 8 wedges).
- Brush the top of each dough wedge with melted butter and roll it from the outside in, pressing the dough at the tip to seal.
- To freeze: place on a baking dish and place into the freezer until frozen then place into a plastic bag for storage.
- To thaw and cook: Place desired number of rolls onto a baking sheet and leave in a warm, dry place to thaw and rise for about 5 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- To bake immediately: preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake until golden brown.
- Brush tops of hot rolls with melted butter.