These Whole Wheat Pancakes are a go-to recipe because they are light, fluffy and absolutely delicious. My kids love them. And, I can almost make them in my sleep, which is good because usually when I start flipping pancakes, my coffee isn’t ready yet.
Don’t those look delicious? You know you want to make some. The recipe is below, but be sure to read the step-by-step post here:
- Category: breakfast
- 3/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 tablespoon of vinegar added)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Form a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the egg into the well.
- Add buttermilk (or sour milk substitute) and vegetable oil.
- Stir just until combined.
- To cook, poor 1/3 cup of batter onto hot, greased griddle. Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to form and pop then flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Serve while warm with butter and maple syrup.