It’s December 1, and if you’re like me, you’re already running from one thing to the next, throwing Christmas ornaments on trees as carelessly as your kids and hoping for the best.
And what you really need for Christmas is rest.
And the ability to focus on the reason for the season.
It isn’t your family.
It isn’t their gifts.
It isn’t perfectly crafted Christmas cookies.
Several years ago I wrote a daily devotional for our church. The purpose was to give families a way to worship together every day. You can find links to 25 daily devotions below or you can download
A Christmas Call to Worship: Daily Devotions for the Month of December from the Kindle Store. It includes a few things I added as I prepared the e-book, making it a full 31 days of devotions, and is only $2.99.
Whichever way you read it, I hope this will encourage you and your family this month. The devotions are brief and all include suggestions for worshipping with your family in creative ways.
You can either start reading on December 1 and finish Christmas Day or start on December 7 and read the final devotion on New Year’s Day (which was originally what our church did). Of course, if you download A Christmas Call to Worship: Daily Devotions for the Month of December, it will have a devotion for each day of the month!
25 Daily Christmas Devotions
- Day 1- O, Come Let Us Adore Him
- Day Two: Hope for the Holidays
- Day Three: True Worship
- Day Four: Not a Myth, a Miracle!
- Day Five: Family Trees and the Father’s Faithfulness
- Day Six: Let there be light
- Day Seven: Now Near
- Day Eight: Willing on the way
- Day Nine: A Cup of Encouragement
- Day Ten: Call Me Blessed
- Day Eleven: No Fear, Just Faith
- Day 12: O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Day Thirteen: “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night”
- Day Fourteen: Mary, Did You Know?
- Day Fifteen: Worthy of Worship
- Day Sixteen: Where is your treasure?
- Day Seventeen: God With Us; He’s IN us!
- Day Eighteen: The Word became flesh
- Day Nineteen: His Greatest Gift to You
- Day 20: His Will through His Word
- Day 21: “He Himself is Our Peace”
- Day 22: Only One Way
- Day 23: “We’re a body…which part are you?”
- Day 24: Watching and Waiting
- Day 25: What do you expect?
And don’t forget that if you’d like to read the entire 31-day devotional book, you can purchase it for $2.99!
*This post contains affiliate links.