Today, I want to share with you 5 Christian Blogs that will encourage you and help you have faith. I know they have encouraged me!
One of the reasons I started hosting Encouraging Word Wednesday was to get to know new bloggers. I wanted fresh words to read, and I wanted to share those words with you, too. That’s why I keep creating the linkup, whether there are five links or fifty. Every time I am able to click one of the links and read a new post, I am encouraged and impressed by the gifts God has given his people.
It reminds me of a verse I read this morning, which says “The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng.” (Psalm 68:11)
Y’all, I want to be part of that throng, don’t you?
I don’t want to be just a lone voice but part of a community that cries out, a place to find fellowship and be part of building others up as we make his great name known.
The truth is: you don’t have to be a “big blogger” to have a big impact. I have always enjoyed reading the words of women like Lisa-Jo Baker and say “amen” to so many things Kristen Welch writes. And Ann Voskamp? Well, her words are like a river, aren’t they? They flow like music made by a heavenly hand.
But, as much I respect each of those writers, I believe wholeheartedly that theirs are not the only words worth reading.
God speaks to all of his people, and he has given the gifts of exhortation and teaching and prophecy to women all around the world. Nothing encourages me more than a divinely-timed email from a friend in Africa, with words inspired by the Holy Spirit and meant just for me.
Because God doesn’t just speak to his people. He speaks through his people.God doesn't just speak TO his people; He speaks THROUGH his people.Click To Tweet
Today, I wanted to share five blogs that I hope with encourage your heart. I also want to encourage the women who write them. I want them to know that their words matter, that they make a difference…if only to me. Because while we bloggers tend to fixate on numbers and page views and followers and likes, I still believe one is the only number that really matters.
So, without further ado, here are five Christian bloggers you should definitely check out! I hope you’ll visit their blogs. Your heart will be encouraged and your faith strengthened when you do!
5 Christian Blogs that Will Encourage Your Faith
- Sarah Geringer is a Christian writer, poet and artist. She has a heart to help women find peace in God’s word. I’m so excited for Sarah, as she just signed with a literary agency. She has several books available on her site, and I can’t wait to read more about the project she’s working on!
- Michele Morin has to be one of the most well-read women on the web. Okay, I don’t have any way to quantify that, but if you’re looking for a new book to read, she’s probably reviewed it! She doesn’t just write about books, however; she writes with beautiful imagery about living life with faith.
- Dani Munoz desires to see women discover lasting freedom in Jesus Christ. She writes about faith, motherhood, and marriage, all with the aim of refreshing the hearts of women and helping them live out John 8:36, which says, “So if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.”
- Sarah Ann‘s mission is “Equipping Christian Moms and Families,” and on her site, you’ll find tips, printables and helpful how-to’s.
- Marsha Hays is a fellow Mississippi mom and a wonderful friend. If you need encouragement as a mom, homeschooler, or adopting parent, don’t miss her blog! A pastor’s wife, she has seven children so if you’ve got an area of need, she has probably been there before and can give a word of advice and encouragement, all from a Biblical perspective.
I’d love to hear who are some of your favorite bloggers! Leave a comment and a link, and be sure to link up with us this week so we can all read YOUR encouraging words this week!