This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This has been a fun week full of firsts….
- My daughter read her first book to me….for the first time. I did not cry when she read it, but I almost did when I realized my husband caught it all on video. (Did I mention that I love him?) It was mostly just a book of words, but I listened like I was hearing the greatest piece of literature ever written…or read. And, when she read the one sentence at the end, I almost gave her a standing ovation. Seriously. But she was sitting on my lap so I clapped and yelled instead.
- Several people in this great state actually said to me this week: “I’m so tired of snow.” Now, I can tell you that in my 30-something years as a Mississippi girl that’s a first.
- My baby tried to take his first step. He forgot to move his feet so he fell right over, but I just loved the look of “there’s something to this” that he had on his face when he sat up and got ready to go again.
- My daughter and I took the baby through a car wash for the first time on the way home from school the other day. (We were washing the car, not him. All this winter weather had left it looking….well, just ugly.) He screamed. A lot. The car will have to stay dirty until he’s a little older, I guess.
- Lest you think none of the firsts was fun for him…he ate his first bite of cupcake. Oh man did he love me for that!
- And, finally, my daughter tied her shoes….all by herself. Double-knots and all.