Maybe you don’t think that flowers are a miracle.
But perhaps it’s because flowers are so common place or ordinary that sometimes we don’t notice how spectacular and how beautiful and how splendid and how really wonderful they actually are! Like God!
Remember: “He made everything beautiful in it’s time and created the earth and plants and vegetation of all kinds. And the lilies of the field! Every good and perfect gift is from our Heavenly Father!”*
Well…the story…there’s always a story behind everything God teaches me! Sound familiar? Hope you are smiling J. Does that ever happen to you, Mississippi Mom? Just because I’m a NANA (which I love, love, love!) grandmothers don’t know everything…and we’re still learning on the Christian journey too. Back to the story…
My wonderful husband, Bill has been watering this stick (really this brownish green sometimes blackish, mostly brown stick) all winter! Really! He is disciplined! And he is faithful! He has watered this little plant once a week, for months! Every week, with his little green watering can, he walks around the house and waters the house plants!
Well, two weeks ago, just we when we really needed the beauty and the encouragement, out came two gorgeous bright hot-pink, fuchsia, reddish-purple-colored orchids! Really out of those skinny dead-looking sticks. Just look at the photos! The green leaves were always healthy but the flowers came through those stems. I’ve just taken photos from all angles for you to see. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions, make your own analogies, and internalizations. But here are some of mine:
- God is Creator. Praise Him daily!
- Praise our Lord even when our words are a “Sacrifice of praise!”
- Scripture affirms: “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess His name!”*
- In the circumstances of our daily life, there are spots of beauty, glimpses of God to encourage us.
- Our praise is a testimony of trust in God, an exercise of our faith!
- God’s timing is always perfect. Bill’s sister had some very serious surgery the week the orchids bloomed!
- The orchids bloomed before and through Good Friday, past Easter Sunday and still bloom today! You know those messages of grace!
- God is gracious and “from the fullness and riches of His grace we have all received one blessing after another! His grace is sufficient!”*
Enjoy the flower photos and look for God in your life today! Praise Him!
Love, Nana o/`
*P.S. Perhaps you’d like to read these Scriptures. I looked them up for you: Genesis 1:1, 11-12; Ecclesiastes 3:11; Matthew 6: 28; James 1:17; and Hebrews 13:15; John 1:16-17; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Ephesians 1:7!