These blueberry muffins are sweet and light. They are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Kids love them!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. and line or grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Mix the egg, milk and oil together.
- Form a well in the center of flour mixture and add egg mixture. Stir only until combined. The mixture will have lumps.
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffins.
- Create topping by combining sugar and flour then cutting the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.