This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This recipe is adapted from The Poke Cake Cookbook by Jamie Sherman. It’s easy, fun, and your kids will love it!
- Category: Desserts
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix (We used this one.)
- 5 19/48 ounces boxes of cookies and cream pudding mix
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Royal Blue Food Coloring
- 1 1/2 cups broken, assorted cookies for topping (We used Oreos and Chocolate Chip Cookies with candy pieces)
- Make the cake in a 9 x 13 pan, according to the directions on the package.
- Let it cool then poke holes in the cake with the end of a spoon. Space them about an inch apart.
- Mix the pudding and milk then pour it over the cake, being sure to fill the holes.
- Melt the frosting in the microwave until you can pour it then add food coloring. It will take a LOT of blue food coloring to get a nice Cookie Monster color.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Decorate with crumbled and broken cookies.
- Cover the cake and keep it in the fridge.
Leave a Reply