This recipe is adapted from The Poke Cake Cookbook by Jamie Sherman. It’s easy, fun, and your kids will love it!
- Category: Desserts
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix (We used this one.)
- 5 19/48 ounces boxes of cookies and cream pudding mix
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Royal Blue Food Coloring
- 1 1/2 cups broken, assorted cookies for topping (We used Oreos and Chocolate Chip Cookies with candy pieces)
- Make the cake in a 9 x 13 pan, according to the directions on the package.
- Let it cool then poke holes in the cake with the end of a spoon. Space them about an inch apart.
- Mix the pudding and milk then pour it over the cake, being sure to fill the holes.
- Melt the frosting in the microwave until you can pour it then add food coloring. It will take a LOT of blue food coloring to get a nice Cookie Monster color.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Decorate with crumbled and broken cookies.
- Cover the cake and keep it in the fridge.