These cookies are rich, dark and delicious! Crunchy on the edges and chewy in the center and chocolate through and through.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Category: cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar then add milk, vanilla and egg. Beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the desired amount of crispness is achieved. Remove from pan and let cool on rack.