This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These cookies are rich, dark and delicious! Crunchy on the edges and chewy in the center and chocolate through and through.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Category: cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar then add milk, vanilla and egg. Beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the desired amount of crispness is achieved. Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
Leave a Reply