This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Light and refreshing and full of lemon flavor, these Lemon Poppyseed Muffins feature a tangy yet sweet lemon glaze.
- Category: breakfast
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more if needed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest of two lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk (more if needed)
- Combine flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk.
- Combine milk, egg and oil and add to mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Fold in poppyseeds.
- Distribute evenly among 12 muffin cups and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire wrack.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Thin with milk to drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
Leave a Reply