This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These delicious Lemon Shortbread bars feature a streusel topping and dusted in powdered sugar. They have a light and refreshing taste and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Category: Desserts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor.
- Add 3/4 cup butter to food processor and pulse 12 to 15 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg yolks to food processor, and process just until mixture forms clumps. (Clumps will be moist.)
- Press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 13×9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or just until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Whisk together 6 eggs and 2 cups of sugar in a large bowl until blended. Combine 1/2 cup flour and baking powder; whisk into egg mixture until blended. Whisk in lemon zest and lemon juice. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust in pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven.
- Combine 1/4 tsp. salt and remaining 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cut in 3/4 cup butter pieces with a pastry blender or a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over hot lemon mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or just until lightly golden.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cut into 32 bars and sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar just before serving.
Leave a Reply