Treat your family to the flavors of New Orleans with this delicious Shrimp Etouffee recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tony's seasoning
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Combine butter and flour over medium heat and cook slowly, stirring frequently, until roux is medium brown.
- Add celery, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender and translucent.
- Add broth, Tony\'s and shrimp. MIx well.
- Simmer 20 minutes on low.
- Turn off heat and add green onions and parsley.
- Let stand for five minutes.
- Reheat just before serving over rice.