This post contains affiliate links to products mentioned. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Category: Dinner
- 4 to 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (more if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 bag marshmallows
- Peel the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into roughly one-inch squares.
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with water then bring to a boil and cook until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes
- Mash the potatoes by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Add butter, milk, vanilla, and sugar (or brown sugar) to taste and until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- If you are preparing the dish ahead of time, cover it now and put it in the fridge then remove about an hour or so before serving to bring to room temperature before baking.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Bake in a 375 oven for about 15 minutes until marshmallows are toasty.
Leave a Reply