Crunchy, buttery and covered in chocolate and nuts, Toffee Butter Crunch is a perfect candy for the holidays or any time!
- Category: candy
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips (The original recipe calls for semi-sweet, but I love dark chocolate, too!)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds.
- First, butter the sides of a small saucepan then melt your butter.
- Add the sugar, water and corn syrup and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil evenly and stir regularly until the mixture reaches 290 on a candy thermometer. (My candy thermometer calls this \"hard crack stage.\")
- When the mixture reaches 290, pour it in a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Allow the candy to cool for a few minutes until it is set then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the candy.
- When the chocolate chips begin to melt, spread the chocolate evenly over the candy to the edges.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate and allow the candy to cool completely.
- Once cool, break the candy into pieces and enjoy!
- Store the candy in an airtight container in your refrigerator.