When I was expecting our baby, I seriously considered using cloth diapers, but two things happened:
1. I chickened out.
2. I was given the most wonderful diaper shower ever.
Still, in the back of my mind all these months, I have wondered how things would have gone if we had used cloth diapers so when I was offered the opportunity to test the Cutey Baby “That’s a Wrap” cloth diaper, I jumped at it!
When the package arrived with an adorable, dark blue wrap, two thick and so-very-soft soakers, and a package of biodegradable and flushable liners, I was so excited…
but I was also terrified. I had heard that if you don’t pre-wash cloth diapers properly, they’ll leak, and I wasn’t exactly sure how everything went together and feared I’d put it together wrong and pay for my mistakes with a mess. But…
There was absolutely nothing to worry about. This diaper was so very simple and easy to use! The soakers fit into the diaper in a pretty obvious way, and the entire diaper can be thrown into the wash after removing any solids…a job made much easier by the disposable liners.
Here are some of my favorite things about this diaper:
- The material is so soft! The inside of the diaper and the fabric of the soakers were so soft. The soakers are made of microfiber topped with fleece…very soft fleece. I think my baby loved wearing this diaper. I noticed none of the pulling at the diaper that seems constant with disposables.
- The diaper was very absorbent. I’ve not used other cloth diapers, but my baby stayed dry much longer with this diaper than when wearing disposables. The first time I changed the diaper I did so simply because it should have been wet, but the diaper kept was still quite dry. I was amazed.
- Washing the diaper was much easier than I expected. You just leave the soaker where it is and wash away. It comes out in the wash.
- This diaper is absolutely adorable. Truly.
- The size fit our little one well. It seemed very bulky at first, but the baby wasn’t bothered by that at all.
Now, I’ve only had the diaper a short time so I can’t say how well it will hold up to use, but it seems very well made. In fact, there are only a couple of negative things I can say about this diaper:
- I only have one. Seriously. I’d use them all the time if I had more.
- There are no stores around here selling them…but that doesn’t mean you can’t find them at a store near you. Hundreds of stores around the country are carrying them…there might just be one near you! If not, there’s always Amazon…it will have to work for me.
To learn more about Cutey Baby, visit their website. You can even watch a video of how the “That’s a Wrap” system works! If you’re interested in using cloth diapers and haven’t done so before, this just might be the perfect place to start. The “That’s a Wrap” diaper cover costs $14.99 on Amazon, and the soakers are right around $10…but you get two of them! And you should see the cute prints available…too cute! I have a feeling I might be adding to our stash of one sometime really soon.FYI: I do not receive any compensation from companies for the product reviews I write. All reviews are from products sent free of charge (or things I purchase and want to share!) and with no incentive to offer a favorable review. The only compensation I receive is the use of the product that I review.