I woke up this morning ready to post the most helpful tip today then I realized that I had no idea what it was. You see, yesterday, while I was cooking in my kitchen, I planned the entire post out, worked on the wording and was really excited about it. Today, I cannot even recollect the topic of the tip. Seriously. So….
Today’s tip is “write it down,” and it works in so many ways.
Think about it:
- Grocery Lists – Shopping trips are so much simpler when you have a list in hand and you actually follow it!
- Menu Plans – here’s a download that might help.
- Blog Posts – clearly, I need to put my ideas on paper!
- To-Do Lists – How many times have I run errands all day only to get home and realize I forgot the most important one?
- Party Planning- I love to make guest lists, menus, plans.
- Sermon Notes – When I was younger and didn’t have kids in my lap during church services, I would keep a journal and make sermon notes. There are some sermons that were so wonderful I refer to them still and love that I have the notes to go back to….it I didn’t, I probably would have forgotten the sermons long ago.
- Cleaning Lists – This is something I haven’t done but have been wanting to do….in hopes of having some sort of cleaning schedule around here.
- Gift Lists – So helpful around the holidays (or when you’re planning an upcoming trip and want to bring back presents for some pretty special people)…it’s awful to realize you’ve forgotten someone you love!
- Packing Lists – the best way to avoid forgetting your toothbrush.
- Memories – I thought I would never forget certain things that my kids have done or said…should have written them down!
You might have guessed by now that I love lists. You can find them all over my house. I’m not actually organized enough to follow all of them (or remember where I put them), but often just the simple act of writing something down cements it in my mind. Putting a pen to paper also gets my ideas going.
What about you? What lists do you like to make?